Katie's pictures

Katie's pictures
Simplify

Friday, September 21, 2012

San Diego

I used to live in San Diego, it was near the Pacific Ocean.  Now I live in Provo, Utah, but this blog is about the Pacific Coast.  I lived in California for many many years.  I loved going to the Coast.  I have been to Malibu all the way up to San Refael.  I have enjoyed every inch of it.

When I lived in San Diego, I used to go to an area called Iroquois Point. It was a stretch of beach just north of Mexico.  It was a sandy beach, I enjoyed.  I watched the waves, had a picnic and walked along its route with my new husband, David.

Later, when we moved to Riverdale, we would go to Cambria, and stay with my in-laws in their trailer.  Again, we were at the beach, where we watched sea otters play and eat.  One time we saw a mother otter with her young one on her tummy.  We saw elephant seals, harber seals, and so much more.  I climbed some rocks and Dave snapped my picture.  After a while we brought our kids along.  They seemed to love it as much as I do.

I have been to Big Sur, which is almost a wilderness as it is remote and hard to get to by car.  Its road is so twisty that its like a ride in Disneyland.  Then, when you finally get there, its so quiet and peaceful.  The air is fresh, the trees lovely.  It rains, and that freshens everything.  I was blown away by the sheer cliffs, the water, and the trees.  There is a little trail that went along a small river.  I saw deer tracks, and the animals themselves.  I saw wild turkeys.

I also have been to Carmel and Monterrey...both incredible cities.  From the tiny magical cottages in Carmel and the canneries of Monterrey are charming.  I gathered rocks and shells from their beaches.  I shopped and ate in quaint restaurants. I stood and saw the Lone Cypress. I even drove the 17 mile drive and watched golfers at play, on the three courses..

One of my favorite places to see the Ocean was in San Francisco.  I went to the park there.  I watched ships and animals along its beaches.  I went to pier 39, to the zoo, and the oceanarium, the conservatory, and so many of the other places.  I touched the glass in the oceanarium and saw so many kind of fish.  I went to Haight and Ashbury streets, walked the grounds of the Universtty Hospital.

If you have not guessed by now, I love the ocean, and I miss it....Not much ocean on Provo. Ta Ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment